Sunday, August 13, 2006

Done blogging about this war. Some things are very clear to me. I'll write them down somewhere and read over them once in a while to see if I was right. Thats the other function of blogs. That is to go back in time and read about the opinions you once held. And though it is easy to go back to 'correct' any blog entry it is a bit harder to lie to yourself that you were right while you are doing it. Its not that I have often been wrong in what I write, its that I feel like an ass writing about some things.

Past couple of weeks I got a small taste of what the Israelis go through every time there is a war. I know several people that are definately in Lebanon and a bunch that may have been called up and sent. Israelis my age would probably directly know a very large number of people in the army or the reserves. Looking for familiar names in lists of dead soldiers is shitty.

I am not going to write about what the state of Israel should or should not do when the fundamental consideration behind many of the policy calculations is how many Israeli soldiers will die. Olmert, Peretz and Halutz will have their day in court, so to speak, without me chiming in.

1 Comments:

Blogger E$ said...

So you have joined me in embracing the principle of avoiding writing on controversial topics with no clearly defined solution.

Welcome! There is so much to be written about:
Traveling
Food
Puppies

Although your commentary on the serious stuff was definitely insightful.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home