Friday, July 07, 2006

Double meanings.


A couple of months ago I saw a book at B&N which I thought was interesting. I am now sorry that I didn't buy it. So, apparently, you are not allowed to give somebody a negative recommendation. You can get sued for doing so. So for this reason there are special techniques for getting around this problem. The book I saw was written to explain how to give a recommendation to a person you do not wish to recommend. This involves double meanings and there were hundreds of beautiful phrases in there.

I found a few phrases online from a similar vein:

"In my opinion, you will be very fortunate to get this person to work for you."
"I most enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever"
"I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague of mine"
"I can assure you that no person would be better for the job"
"I would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of employment"
"All in all, I cannot say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him too highly"
"The candidate was responsible for immeasurable contributions to our organization."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home